Time tracking is one of the most important components of any software project. Though, it is quite difficult to track the project timings. However, Jira time tracking is the most beneficial among others. It is the perfect tool for all the complicated tracking requirements.
Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to configure time tracking in Jira.
Step no 1: Sign Up
- The first step is to go to Jira’s webpage.
- On this page, you will get little details about Jira and its functionalities. On the upper left and right corner of the page, you will find the ‘GET IT FREE’ button. Click on it to sign up there.
- After this, the new page will open. On this page, you will choose either confluence or Jira service management. Your choice will depend on your current project. After choosing any of these, click the NEXT button.
- Then, you will see a signup page where you can sign up with your current google account or simply an email address
- Now you need to click on the AGREE button for the confirmation of your account.
- After doing this, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to your email account. Go to that link for the verification of the Jira account.
- Then, make your project management platform. For this, you need to enter all the descriptions needed. Also, follow all the instructions until the process of signing up ends.
- After filling in all the sections, click on the CREATE PROJECT option. After this, you will finally have access to your first project on Jira.
Step no 2: Time Tracking
- Create a sample issue
- Under activity, click to explore all the options, all, comments, history, etc.
- Now, shut this bar. On the left sidebar, you will see the project setting. Click on that setting.
- A new window will appear on your screen, now click on Issue Types.
- On the lower side of the page, you will find a menu. You need to drag the option of time tracking and place it in a context fields area, and then click on save changes.
- Now, you can see the LOG WORK option next to the All, comments, and history options.
Your First Work Log
- Now, you will see the dashboard of your very first project.
- For creating a new project, go to the top and click project. From the menu, click on the CREATE NEW PROJECT option.
- Then, click on your issue where you need to log time.
- After clicking on the specific issue, you will see different options. Click on the WORK LOG option.
- After your click, the new section will appear, there, you need to click LOG WORK.
- After logging work on the particular issue, click save.
Hopefully, all these steps for setting up Jira time tracking https://activitytimeline.com/ will be helpful for you. After setting up your Jira time tracking software, your project will be way easier and more efficient for you. With this software, you can keep an eye on your team members. Hence, it will result in more efficiency and productivity.