Are you looking for a great way to make hydrosol at home, as you are fascinated by its extraordinary healing properties? Let’s make it easier by using the hydrosol distillation equipment!
But unfortunately, many of you do not know how to make hydrosol at home by using distillation equipment. But make sure not to mix the process with the essential oil preparation because hydrosols are less stable as compared to the essential oils.
If you are curious to get a deeper insight into the hydrosol distillation process, then scroll ahead without further ado!
What are Hydrosols, and How are They Different from Essential Oils?
Hydrosols are also named floral waters that are purely extracted from botanicals or herbs. These water-based solutions should be prepared under strict protocols as the water must be fresh and filtered, and the plants should also be organic.
Hydrosols are different from essential oils as the oils are lipophilic while the hydrosols are hydrophilic, which depicts their opposite nature. Although the essential oil distillation kit is also used for hydrosol distillation but remember, the hydrosol is gentler in concentration which is why applied to the skin directly and has high absorbing properties, so sterilization is mandatory, and the hydrosol distillation does not include an oil separator.
What is the Process of Hydrosol Distillation?
If you are interested in producing hydrosol at home, then the hydrosol distillation equipment can help you in this regard. This equipment is usually reliable, easy to set up, non-sensitive, and requires easy cleaning, which requires a very short time to start the process.
If you are a hydrosol lover, then go ahead to learn the process of formation!
- In the still of the distillation equipment, pure water is placed, and it must ensure that there is no impurity in the water, and it should be filtered.
- The botanical, like any flower, wood, or unsprayed organic plant material, will be placed in the water to boil as in the process of hydro-distillation or above the water as in the steam-distillation process. The combination of both steam and hydro distillation can also be used to carry out further steps.
- When the water boils, the secretory sacs of the plants will start bursting due to intense heat.
- The molecules of the essential oil will start moving up, and then they all will collect in the condenser.
- The steam will again cool down to the water state when it passes through the condenser coils.
- When the water comes out from the equipment, the leftover is called the distillate. The distillate will then collect into the separatory funnel.
- The last step is the separation of hydrosol from the essential oil in the funnel.
Hydrosols are water-based aromatic solutions that are used for many purposes, and the most attractive one is the healing character. If you have not given a single try to hydrosol distiller and essential oil distiller and want to know how to make essential oil, then do visit our website and get the most reliable product for yourself now from the most trusted seller company worldwide!